Looking for a travel clinic in Edinburgh?
Travel clinic services
Naturally, TrExMed Travel Clinic Edinburgh offers all the usual services you would expect from a specialist travel clinic:
- Pre-travel health advice and individual risk assessments
- Vaccinations (including yellow fever)
- Antimalarial tablets and other prescription travel medicines
- Blood tests to check blood group, Hepatitis B and rabies immunity, HIV and Hepatitis C antibody status (for visa purposes)
NB: Corporate, group or school rates / arrangements by request
Who are we?
TrExMed is a specialist travel clinic and expedition consultancy service run by two partners, Jim Bond (doctor) and Nicky Armstrong (travel nurse practitioner). Both Nicky and Jim have many years of experience of working in Travel Medicine and related fields.
We love travelling ourselves, and find seeing travellers one of the more enjoyable sides to our work. We are aware that many travellers need to seek expert advice vaccinations or malaria tablets at short notice and outside working hours and we aim to fulfil this need at the clinic.
Jim and Nicky have both completed the Diploma of Travel Medicine and are members of the Faculty of Travel Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
How are we different?
We realise that we are not the only dedicated travel clinic in the Edinburgh area. What we feel make us different are our:
- Location, Trexmed travel clinic Edinburgh is particularly handy for the South and SW of Edinburgh, with good bus links and free parking.
- Out-of-hours appointment times, convenient for busy working people and families. 'Last-minute' travellers can also usually be accommodated.
- The first mobile travel clinic service in Edinburgh (we can come to you): a great time-saver, and often more cost-effective for corporate clients and groups.
- One-stop travel health shop, for mosquito nets, sun-cream, insect repellents, water purifiers and other useful travel health items
- TrExMed Travel insurance: our recommended and specially arranged policy.
- Specialist expedition health risk assessment service for schools, research institutions, charity treks, film crews and others working in remote parts of the world
- Post-travel investigations and care, including screening for schistosomiasis (bilharzia) infection.
Responsible / Ethical travel medicine
Travelling is an interactive experience, which should ideally be empowering and mutually beneficial to both travellers and local host communities alike.
We at TrExMed are very much committed to promoting responsible travel and ethical travel medicine. Jim teaches on the Ethics of Expeditions and is also on the Leadership Council of the Responsible Travel Group of the International Society of Travel Medicine
Contact TrExMed Travel Clinic Edinburgh
To book an appointment at the clinic, please telephone: 0131 447 2340, option 1 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
If you have a specific question about our service, please contact us here
For general travel health information about your particular destination(s), you may also wish to visit Health Protection Scotland's Fit For Travel website, prior to making your your appointment.